Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Falafel-y Dinner!

Tonight was a night for Greek food! Delicious! I made (assembled, really) falafels, tabouli, minty cucumber salad, and pita bread.

First the tabouli, which is cracked wheat and diced vegetables with yummy herbs. Like the busy kid I am, I made it from a box (sorry :( someday I'll do it right and you'll be the first to know. Yes, you!) Anyway, all I had to do was dice a tomato, and add 1 1/2 cups water and 1/3 cup olive oil to the mix. Then I just put it in the fridge for 45 minutes so the wheat could soak up the liquids and it would stop being goopy.


Yum!

Then I mixed 1 cup of water and the little bag of falafel mix (What, you think if I don't have time to bike to a store that sells cracked wheat that I've got dried chickpeas hanging around?) Anyway, I let it sit for 10 minutes and then rolled it into cute little patties of vegetarian delight.


Eee!

While the oil in the skillet heated up, I chopped some stuff, like the mint and cucumber for the salad.



Oh no, I seem to have too much mint. I'd better make a mojito.



Much better. I definitely feel like Julia Child now. Time to fry some falafels. Be sure to flip them so they brown on both side, and don't let your oil get too hot. It will spit at you and your falafels will be burnt.

Now that all that mint is taken care of, I can mix up the salad. I kinda made up the portions, but it was sort of 2 cups of yogurt and maybe three tablespoons of chopped mint and some cucumber and a few squirts of lemon juice. Don't worry it'll taste right and then you'll know.

Also, I stuck the pita in the oven to make it nice and warm.


A delicious spread!



My dinner!


I am not reading right now, although I should be, for class. Instead I am watching Sexy City. You should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment